"Where the Victorian World Comes to Life!"
Victorian Life |
Etiquette, Manners & Morals |
Working Life |
Victorian London |
Arts, Crafts & Needlework |
The Victorian Home |
Cooking & Dining |
Birds, Beasts, Flowers & Countryside |
History & Archaeology |
Objects & Antiquities |
World Travel & Culture |
Fiction & Poetry |
Just for Kids!
About Us |
Advertise in the Victorian Marketplace! |
Magazine Index |
SEE WHAT'S NEW!
THE VICTORIAN MARKETPLACE |
GRANDMA'S ATTIC BOOKSHOP
PDF files on this site are best viewed with Adobe Reader 9.0 or later. Earlier readers may give an error message but files may still load. Download the free Acrobat Reader HERE.
Fashion & Costume
Needlework & Crafts
This section includes tales and articles from children's magazines such as Chatterbox and Little Folks, but also children's stories from the pages of such noteworthy magazines as The Strand.
- Girls' Own Paper - 1880-1881
- A Doll's Letters to Her Mistress, by James Mason
- Girls' Own Paper - 1886-1887
- Child Island: A Fairy Tale for Younger Girls, by E. Hunter
- "I call it a fairy palace, not because fairies lived there, for they did not, but because it was the work of fairy hands, and was more beautiful than any other palace in the world...."
- Little Elsie and Her Sister Kelsie
- "Elsie and Kelsie were two sisters whose mother, a poor widow, dwelt in a lowly cottage on the outskirts of the forest..." (A bit of a morality tale, I'm afraid...)
Children's Tales from the Very First Strand Magazine
- The Strand - 1891
- Barak Hageb and His Wives (Hungarian)
- The Blue Cat (French)
- The Enchanted Whistle, by Alexandre Dumas
- Fairy Dust, by George Sand (French)
- The Hermit, by Voltaire (French)
- The King and the Artist (Spanish)
- Kojata (Russian)
- The Lucky Coin (Portugese)
- The Spider's Web (French)
- The Stonebreaker (French)
- The Two Genies, by Voltaire (French)
Visit Grandma's Attic Bookshop!
Copyright © 2013 by Moira Allen. All rights reserved.