"Where the Victorian World Comes to Life!"
Victorian Life |
Etiquette, Manners & Morals |
Working Life |
Victorian London |
Arts, Crafts & Needlework |
The Victorian Home |
Cooking & Dining |
Birds, Beasts, Flowers & Countryside |
History & Archaeology |
Objects & Antiquities |
World Travel & Culture |
Fiction & Poetry |
Just for Kids!
About Us |
Advertise in the Victorian Marketplace! |
Magazine Index |
SEE WHAT'S NEW!
THE VICTORIAN MARKETPLACE |
GRANDMA'S ATTIC BOOKSHOP
PDF files on this site are best viewed with Adobe Reader 9.0 or later. Earlier readers may give an error message but files may still load. Download the free Acrobat Reader HERE.
Fashion & Costume
Needlework & Crafts
Scenes of Victorian London
London was the center of the Victorian world, so I've assembled a special selection of articles about life in Victorian London here...
- Girls' Own Paper - 1881-1882
- The North London Collegiate School for Girls
- Don't miss the gymnasium picture at the end of this one!
- A Sketch of the Children's Incurable Hospital
- Girls' Own Paper - 1886-1887
- The Romance of the Bank of England, by Emma Brewer
- Girls' Own Paper - 1888-1889
- A London Art School, by "One of the Pupils"
- How Working Girls Live in London, by Nanette Mason
- The Strand - 1891
- At the Animal Hospital
- Celebrating the centennial of the Royal Veterinary College.
- At the Children's Hospital
- Child Workers in London
- "Nothing can be harder or drearier than the life of little servants..."
- A Day with an East End Photographer
- A look at some of the faces of Victorian London.
- The Foundling Hospital
- "A story of human wrong, of human suffering..."
- The Home for Lost Dogs
- How the Blind are Educated, by Edward Salmon
- Humours of the Post Office
- Reproductions of some curious letters and objects processed through the Royal Mail.
- An eccentric London shop.
- The Metropolitan Fire Brigade
- A Night with the Thames Police
- Old Stone Signs of London
- Our Money Manufactury
- How money was minted in Victorian times.
- A Night in an Opium Den
- The Story of the Strand
- The street, not the magazine!
- Street-Corner Men
- Menders, preachers, entertainers, peddlers -- there were a myriad of ways to make a living on the streets of London!
- The Street Games of Children, by Frances Low
Visit Grandma's Attic Bookshop!
Copyright © 2013 by Moira Allen. All rights reserved.